Honolulu, Hawaii, US
Founder, Pacific Blue Studios; Grosvenor Teacher Fellow, National Geographic Society; Leader Community Technologist, Purple Mai’a Foundation; Community Huki Leader, Malama Maunalua.
(5) Big Ideas from the Podcast:
- how do you build a global network for exploring ideas together?
- “Great teachers are not delivering great content; they are nurturing great communities.”
- being a National Geographic Society ‘explorer’ on expeditions from Antarctica to Hawaii
- being part of a research project to connect the ‘myth’, ‘magic’ and ‘science’ of sharks to the ancestral pathways of ancient and modern island cultures
- collaborating daily with hundreds of classrooms and thousands of students from around the world as his team livestreams new discoveries while mapping the deep ocean floor